Smoke Damage Can Be Remediated
Unfortunately, fire can have extremely damaging effects on a building. However, there are many elements of fire, including soot and smoke, that can be just as harmful. Your building materials and personal belongings can be overtaken by smoke odor, while your walls can be damaged by smoke soot. A fire can have devastating and lasting effects both to your house and your family.
Damages to your cherished possessions can be devastating. That’s why our experts in soot and smoke are here to help. Each Paul Davis franchise provides 24/7 emergency smoke restoration services. Contact us immediately, so we can lessen costly fire and smoke damage to your house.
Cleaning Up Smoke Damage
Smoke damage can occur without a major fire breaking out in your house. Small-scale flare ups and closed fireplace flues can cause discoloration and significant odors if you don’t act quickly. It’s best that you address the problem immediately. Otherwise smoke odor can soak into the walls, carpets and furniture. Here’s how you can quickly cleanup any smoke damage:
- To stop spreading smoke, shut off your air conditioning.
- Put large fans by open windows and doors to fan out the smokey air.
- When vacuuming soot and ash, hold the nozzle right above the soot to suck it up. Pressing your vacuum down on the soot could create stains.
- Use a rag to clean countertops and furniture.
- Use a dry sponge to wipe away soot from ceilings and walls and get rid of stains with a vinegar spray.
- Clean any household item that has been affected, including light bulbs.
- Dry clean or deep wash any clothing or curtains that were affected.
- Use odor counteractants to deodorize carpets and window coverings.
Paul Davis’ Services
Does your house have smoke damage? Let the professionals take care of it. At Paul Davis, we offer all-encompassing smoke repair services. These include:
- 24/7 emergency services- onsite and assisting you within hours.
- Prompt damage assessment, pretesting and estimates.
- Emergency board-up and structural stabilization.
- Environmentally friendly methods for clearing soot and other residue from fire damage.
- Smoke odor removal, sanitation and air purification.
- Careful removal and securing of damaged household goods, personal possessions and other contents for cleaning and restoration.
- Industrial grade water extractors, dehumidifiers, air movers and other equipment used to efficiently remove water resulting from fire extinguishing efforts.
- Reconstruction of the affected areas.
- Disinfectants and antimicrobials used to prevent mold and mildew.
You Can Rely on Paul Davis
Has your house had recent fire damage? Turn to the experts from Paul Davis. You can get your home back after we finish our smoke repair services. Our experts are specialized in effective smoke repair cleaning methods and using the proper equipment. We guarantee that you’ll receive quicker cleanup and lower smoke damage repair costs. We want you to return to your normal life as soon as possible. Reach out the smoke damage restoration and smoke cleanup technicians from Paul Davis at 888-473-7669. We’ll help get you in touch with you with the franchise closest to you.